Arenisca Paraje Los Pilones 2021
Arenisca Paraje los Pilones is an unusually fresh wine, especially bearing in mind the region where its grapes grow. It is less extracted than most DO Toro wines and includes some white grapes cultivated alongside red ones, as happens in many old vineyards. It boasts a smooth and juicy palate with pleasant tannins and a serious finish. The oak is perfectly integrated thanks to the use of different sizes and ages of casks, but remains in the background behind its fresh black fruit and elegant earthy notes. A fleshy but graceful wine, it displays an excellent combination of strength and nimbleness. Arenisca Paraje Los Pilones is a wine that exudes passion and clear thinking, a pure and undisputable interpretation of a land and its fruit by a family in love with winegrowing.
As usual with Cantalapiedra wines, it is made with organically-cultivated grapes from old Tinta de Toro (Tempranillo) vines planted at altitudes of 780 metres in Villabuena del Puente, a small village 20 km from Toro although the wine does not bear the Toro DO label. It is named after the sandy-soil Paraje Los Pilones plot of vines.
It is produced and aged at the Cantalapiedra winery in the small town of La Seca. About 20% of the grapes are fermented with their stems before undergoing a malolactic fermentation with the other 80% of the wine. Finally the wine is aged for almost a year in French oak. It is bottled unfiltered and unclarified without sulphites.
Estimated Delivery:Dec 16 - Dec 20
Free Shipping & Returns: On all orders over £150
- Sight Picota cherry red, intense
- Smell Fruit aromas, red fruit, black fruit, spicy notes, mineral, dry stone, mountain herbs, lactic notes
- Taste Smooth, juicy, rounded tannins, well-integrated wood, structured, good acidity